Toilets have gone through many transformations over several centuries, and the industry is still modernizing and changing. There’s tall toilets, short toilets, white toilets, black toilets, smart toilets, corner toilets, and the list goes on. It’s the most used facility in our homes and needs to be comfortable and right for our bathroom. There are different kinds of toilets that you should know before buying.
What are the 4 Different Types of Toilets?
Here, we have listed the most popular toilet types, which will help you to know which toilet will be perfect for your bathroom. Let’s start!
1. Two-Piece Toilets
two-piece toilets comes with a separate tank and the bowl and later attached together with the bolts during installation. Installation of two-piece toilets is tricky due to its weight and size while cleaning a two-piece toilet seems easy but more difficult than cleaning a one-piece.
Two-piece toilets come in standard height which makes it easier for everyone, especially, old people, to sit on it comfortably. It has a taller seat as compared to the one-piece toilet. As they are being used for a long time hence do not cost much as well.
Repairing them is quite easy and inexpensive. You can easily replace or fix individual parts of this toilet which you can’t do in one-piece toilets.
2. One-Piece Toilet
On a one-piece toilet, the tank and the bowl come as one individual structure. These have sleek, stylish design, easier to clean as compared to the two-piece toilets. Installation is also easy in comparison to a two-piece, but, due to its heavy nature, it may be tough to install it.
Both one and two-piece toilet types have the same flushing system hence use the same amount of water. As the one-piece toilets have fewer narrow openings which make it easy to clean and prevents the dirt from settling in and prevents the growth of bacteria.
One-piece toilets are generally more expensive but more durable too as compared to the two-piece toilet. They have compact design, closer to the ground hence perfect for smaller bathrooms.
3. Wall-Mounted Toilet
In wall-mounted toilets, the tanks are hidden inside the wall. So, the bowl and the flush are the only visible parts. It is a great choice if you have less space in the bathroom.
You can install these wall-hung toilets according to the appropriate height for you. Plus, due to the elevated design, the toilet does not touch the floor which makes it easier to keep the area around it clean.
Wall-mounted toilets give a modern and superior look to your bathroom. Unlike conventional toilets, you can place them anywhere you like in your bathroom near a proper water supply. These toilets provide more flexibility when you are upgrading your bathroom as compared to a one-piece or two-piece models.
Of course, it’s sleek design comes with a cost. Wall-mounted toilets are more expensive and need more repairs than traditional toilets. Installing this type of toilet can be quite difficult. A Wall-hunt toilet needs special mounts to prevent the wall from pulling out. You need to hire professional plumbers for its installation and repairing and it may cost you somewhere between $150 to $300.
4. Smart Toilets
A smart toilet is an advanced toilet using many built-in features which gives you more comfort and great ease of use. Not only are these types of toilets cool and really techy, but these toilets will make your life a bit easier.
Smart toilets are super cool toilets that are capable of many things like playing music to flushing with just a touch. Of course, this super techy and comfortable toilet comes with a great cost. They are very expensive as compared to any standard toilet.
These toilets come with a lot of features that attracts every buyer. Below are the most popular features:
- Futuristic Flushing Process: You can flush without even touching the toilet. Intelligent toilets have sensors that activate the flushing mechanism. These sensors know when you have moved from the seat or you can just wave your hand to flush in front of the sensor. If you have that one type of family member who always forgets to flush, then, this type of toilet is perfect for you. This will also keep the germs away from you and your toilet. The flushing system in the smart toilet also saves water, with the help of sensors it only uses the right amount of water required after the use of the toilet.
- Seat Warmers: These toilets can warm the seat according to your preference. You won’t feel cold while sitting on the toilet seat which would make its use really easy and comfortable in cold weather.
- Automatic closing and opening of lid: In this toilet, the lid opens and closes by itself, so, you don’t have to touch anything which leaves your hands clean and free of germs.
- Nightlight: If you want to pee at night then intelligent toilets offer you ambient light in a dark environment. The light automatically starts when you want to use the toilet at night.
- Spray adjustment: It also consists of an electronic bidet that allows you to adjust the spray pressure & water temperature.
Some other features of such type of toilet are mentioned below:
- Air dryer
- Self deodorizers
- Remote Control
- Dual flush system
- Music system
- Emergency flush during power outages
These are some of the most popular toilet types. A toilet should be comfortable for you and should complement your bathroom because we all know that most of the thinking is done while we are relaxing on our toilet seat. Jokes aside, you should now be able to choose definitively which type of toilet best suits you and your family.