When you are finding a new toilet for your home, you should consider a few things before you get overwhelmed by the various available options in the market. Here are some guidelines that will help you to find the right kind of toilet for your home:
- Look at the bowl shape, the height of the toilet, and the style.
- Consider the option of getting a water-saving toilet.
- Check the flush power rating system.
- Read the installation process.
What is a Trapway? The trapway is snakelike tubing on the sides of your toilet through which water flows. A larger trapway diameter (ex. 2 3/8-in) reduces the chance of clogging and overflow.
Among many of the brands on the market today, American Standard Company makes the search for a quality toilet product easy and affordable. The various types of toilets, such as one-piece, two-piece, round, elongated, compact, right height, and standard, are available to choose from in their various categories. Here at Toiletsman, we have listed the five best and most popular American Standard toilets for you to consider when choosing a toilet system.
Best American Standard Toilets
This toilet is from the elongated collection and can be a perfect addition to any bathroom. It is a space-saving model, but at the same time, it adds a stylish and sophisticated element.
Best Features of the Toilet System:
- Elongated bowl
- Water efficiency is 1.6 gallons per flush
- Low consumption
- It has pressure-assisted siphon jet action
- It also has a 2-inch fully-glazed ball pass trapway
- Side-mounted chrome trip lever
- Speed contact – tank and bowl coupling system
- Sanitary bar on the bowl is available
- It is a close-coupled flushometer tank
- It has 10 x 12-inch water surface area
Specifications and Product Type: The dimensions are 30 x 19.5 x 29.5 inches, the seat height is 16.5 inches, and the weight is 120 pounds.
Included Parts with the Product: The bolt caps and bowl are included, but the tank seat cover is not included.
Service Parts Availability: Service parts are available separately through the brand website, various associated websites, and Amazon.com.
Installation of Products: It is a wall-mounted toilet and back outlet toilet system.
Cleaning Tips: As it is attached to the wall, it is very easy to clean with mild soap and a soft cloth.
Warranty Info: It has a one-year limited-time warranty provided by the company.
- Wall-mounted, back-outlet bowl only
- Pressure-assisted siphon jet action
- Elongated bowl
- Fully glazed 2-1/8-in trap way/ 2-in minimum ball pass
- 10-in x 12-in water surface area
Champion 4 Right Height One-Piece Elongated Toilet:
This is undoubtedly a leading toilet regarding performance. It is a one-piece toilet that eradicates clogs.
Best Features of the Toilet System:
- 4-inch piston action accelerator flush valve
- 2 ⅜-inch fully-glazed trapway
- 100 percent factory flush tested
- ADA-compliant Right Height one-piece toilet
- Slow-close toilet seat
- Meets water efficiency standards for ultra-low-flush toilets
- The growth of bacteria, mold, and mildew is restricted by the EverClean surface
- Odor and stain proof
- Low consumption of energy
Specifications and Product Type: This toilet system measures 29 ¾ x 17 ¾ x 29-½ inches, and the shape is elongated for comfortable use.
Included Parts of the Product: Two color matched bolt caps come with this Right Height, elongated, one-piece toilet. The seat is not included in the box.
Service Parts Availability: Available in stores, on the brand website, and Amazon.com
Installation of Products: It is a floor-mounted toilet system that is installed using a smooth bead of sealant around the base.
Cleaning Tips: Clean your toilet with mild soapy water, rinse thoroughly with clear water, and dry with a soft cloth.
Warranty Info: The company gives a 10-year limited warranty to customers on chinaware and trim.
- Low consumption (1.6 gpf/6.0 lpf) helps you save water
- One piece toilet
- Ever clean surface keeps your toilet cleaner, longer
- Elongated right height siphon action jetted bowl
- Slow close toilet seat included
Town Square Concealed Trapway RH Elongated Toilet with Seat
The Town Square concealed trapway toilet has an efficient design that uses less water per flush, and the patented Flowise technology helps to minimize water consumption. It is a comfortable toilet with high-class performance and beauty.
If you are looking for a high-quality toilet at a fair and competitive price that will appear brand new and last for years, then we definitely recommend this American Standard toilet for you.
Best Features of the Product:
- The perfect combination of bowl, tank, and seat
- Coordinates with Town Square suite of fixtures and faucets
- Comes in a classic American, traditional style
- Right Height elongated siphon action bowl
- Smooth-sided concealed trapway
- Matching chrome trip lever with the Town Square faucets and accessories
- Luxury performance toilet
- Meets the standard criteria of EPA WaterSense
- Fully-glazed 2-inch trapway and oversized 3-inch flush valve
Specifications and Product Type: Dimensions are 29 ¾ inches x 15 ¼ inches x 31 ⅛ inches.
Service Parts Availability: Parts are available in-store and on online websites.
Installation of Product: The process of installation is standard and easy, as the product is a wall-mounted system.
Cleaning Tips: The EverClean surface inhibits the growth of bacteria and dirt, and the PowerWash rim aids in easy cleaning. A mild detergent or gel-based cleaning substance can be used to clean the surface.
Warranty Information: This product is backed by a 10-year long warranty that covers everything inside and out.
- Right height elongated two piece toilet with Duroplast slow close seat and cover
- Elongated, siphon action jetted bowl with smooth-sided, concealed trapway
- Powerwash rim scrubs bowl with each flush
- 16-1/2" rim height for accessible applications
- 12" rough in
Fairfield Elongated One-Piece Toilet Seat Toilet
This low-profile and highly efficient toilet is a striking addition to any modern bathroom and provides longer and greater comfort. It is water-efficient, looks sleek, and of course, is pocket-friendly.
Best Features of the Product:
- Made from vitreous china
- High efficient toilet – 4.8 LPF/1.28 GPF
- Meets all EPA WaterSense criteria
- Comes with elongated siphon action bowl
- Comes with two color-matched bolt caps
- It has the side-mounted actuator and polished chrome
- It has a 3-inch flush valve, a 2-inch trapway, and a pilot fill valve
Specification and Product Type: The dimensions are 29.25 x 16.12 x 26.38 inches, and the net weight is 15.52 pounds.
Water Conservation Facts: It uses around 1.6 gallons per flush to help save 20% more water than many of the standard toilets.
Service Parts Availability: It comes with the toilet bowl, two caps, and a toilet seat, and the parts are available on the website, stores, and Amazon.com.
Installation of Products: After removing the old toilet (if any), measure the dimensions, install the closet bolts and wax seal, position the toilet, and install it with the tank.
Cleaning Tips: Mild soap water and a soft washcloth are needed to keep the toilet clean.
Warranty Info: The company provides a one-year limited warranty.
- Vitreous China construction
- Elongated siphon action bowl
- Polished chrome, side mounted actuator
- Includes color matched solid plastic toilet seat and cover
- Not compliant with State legislation in California, Texas and Colorado
H2Option Siphonic Toilet
This is one of the best water-efficient gravity-flush toilets on the market, allowing both water conservation and great performance. It comes with a compact design, good height, efficient flushing technology, and also refills quickly.
Best Features of This Toilet System:
- Dual flush option
- 2 color-matched bolt caps
- Ultra-high-efficient for maximum water saving
- Save water by choosing full or partial flush
- EverClean surface for greater hygiene included for no extra cost
- For cleaner, long-lasting usage, it is constructed with durable vitreous china
- PowerWash rim with the help of siphon jet bowl technology
- It is CES listed and CALGreen Compliant.
Specifications and Product Type: The dimensions are 15 x 29.8 x 30 inches, and it is a normal height and elongated style toilet.
Included Parts with the Product: Toilet bowl, toilet tank, and color-matched bolt caps are included.
Service Parts Availability: Service parts are available at an extra charge from the brand website, stores, and Amazon.com.
Installation of Products: You need to remove the old toilet if there is one, position the toilet to the wall, and fix it firmly on the ground. Put sealant around the base for a proper hold.
Cleaning Tips: Mild soap and water are best for cleaning the toilet. Rinse and use a soft cloth to wipe off the excess water and dirt.
Warranty Info: A limited 5-year warranty from the company on mechanical and chinaware and a 1-year warranty on the toilet seat are included with the product.
- Dual flush 0.92/1.28 gpf H2 option
- High efficiency, low consumption, and water sense certified
- Ever clean surface; Chrome plated top mounted push button actuator
- Siphon jet bowl technology with power wash rim; Fully glazed 2 inches trap way helps to prevent clogs
- Seat is not included
If you are a camping person then you should check out Best Composting Toilet For RV & Tiny House – (Reviews & Buying Guide 2018)
American Standard toilets come with a modern and chic look and lots of promising features like the EverClean surface finish, EPA WaterSense certification, self-cleaning toilet system, EZ-Install Kit, and VorMax Flushing Technology. The combination of affordable price and quality assurance makes the brand unique and desirable.