Toto toilets are innovative machines that combine powerful flushing technology with elegant designs, making them hard to pass up. These toilets are the latest designs for modern, sleek bathrooms. They’re clean, efficient, and available in a variety of styles. If you’re redoing your bathroom or designing a bathroom for a new home, a Toto toilet is a must-have.
We have made a list of the 8 best Toto toilets so that you can easily compare each unit. These toilets come in many different designs and types, which can be difficult to navigate if you don’t know what to look for. To help you wade through this pond of toilets, we have carefully researched and written reviews for some of the most popular models out there.
All the toilets mentioned below are ADA compliant.
8 Best Toto Toilets on the Market – 2021
1. TOTO Eco Soiree Elongated One-Piece Toilet
This is the best toilet from Toto in the present market and is popular in households for regular use. This dual flush toilet uses both gravity and a powerful flush system. It is an ADA-compliant toilet and uses a low-consumption double cyclone flushing system. It uses 1.28 gallons of water per flush, which maximizes the cleaning system. It is easy to clean, and the flush is fast, so noise is much more limited than with regular toilets.
It uses water efficiently and reduces the accumulation of dirt, so cleaning time is also reduced. The two nozzles utilize the water better and minimize the bacteria and dirt. The elongated bowl gives you extra comfort, and the one-piece skirted design with a high-profile tank is functional and fashionable. It has a SoftClose seat with the latest smart seat technology and a chrome trip lever.
2. TOTO Ultramax II One-Piece Elongated Toilet
This Toto Ultramax II toilet comes in one piece and is very aesthetically pleasing. If you care about how your bathroom looks, this toilet will not disappoint. Because there is no gap between the bowl and the tank, there are fewer places for dirt and debris to hide. You also don’t have to worry about leaks around bolts or gaskets because there are none!
This is a decorative high-profile Toto toilet that comes with a comfortable ergonomic design. The rim has no hole which makes the toilet easier to clean and gives it a seamless appearance. The super-smooth SanaGloss prevents debris, molds, and bacteria from sticking to the edge of the toilet. It also has a built-in soft-close hinge system that eliminates the annoying toilet seat slams.
There are some complaints about the flush power of this toilet, however. The flush power really isn’t more powerful than models of similar specifications. It has a water consumption rate of 1.28 GPF.
- It has a double cyclone flushing system and a powerful, quiet flush.
- It is ADA compliant and WaterSense approved.
- It utilizes Toto’s super smooth, ion SanaGloss barrier that cleans your toilet with every flush.
- It comes with an ergonomic design, a unique seat, and Universal Height for maximum comfort.
- This toilet has a left-hand chrome trip lever.
3. TOTO Promenade II One-Piece Elongated Toilet
This is a classic style one-piece Toto toilet with an elongated bowl that will immediately beautify your bathroom. Its Tornado Flush, hole-free rim design, and dual nozzles produce a centrifugal washing action that assists in rinsing the bowl efficiently. It is easier to maintain, unlike a two-piece toilet system.
It uses 1.28 GPF with a Tornado flush system for a powerful rinse. It has the CEFIONTECT glaze that gives the bowl a lubricious quality that prevents particles from sticking on the edge. It has a SoftClose seat that prevents slamming lids. This toilet is WaterSense, CALGreen, ADA, and CEC compliant.
Because it is one piece, this toilet is much easier to clean than some others. There are no small cracks for dirt to hide, and there aren’t as many hard-to-reach places. The height of this toilet is “Universal,” which means that it works best for most people. Installation for this toilet was pretty easy.
4. TOTO Supreme Elongated One-Piece Toilet
This is an elegant, elongated, low-consumption toilet that utilizes a siphon jet flushing action. It has a comfortable ergonomic design and a smart, innovative SoftClose seat.
This toilet is 10 years old in terms of innovation, but it still looks very modern. It is a single-piece toilet with a low-profile tank. It has a powerful and quiet flush each time you use it.
It has a 3-inch-wide flush valve that is 125% larger than conventional 2-inch flush valves that produce a fast flush.
It comes with a large water surface and a fully-glazed trap way. It has a one-year limited warranty.
5. TOTO Washlet with Integrated Toilet
This high-quality Toto toilet can bring all the effortless beauty to your bathroom. It uses gravity combined with a Tornado flush and a SanaGloss glaze. This is helpful for cleaning and long-term toilet sanitation. This is a combined system of a compact one-piece toilet and bidet.
It is a great dual flush toilet that meets all requirements for ADA compliance. It has an automated Dual-Max flushing system that uses minimal water, wireless remote control operation, and a heated seat. The ultra-smooth ceramic glaze helps the toilet to be clean for a longer time. This model is also listed on our best seller toilets list.
This toilet also has the ability to wash your front and rear. The water coming from both directions is heated, ensuring that you’re comfortable and clean. The touchpad is illuminated, so you’ll never have any difficulty using it in the middle of the night. There is even an automatic air deodorizer and a warm air dryer. This toilet is one piece, which can make clean up easier and give dirt fewer places to hide. It has a water consumption rate of 1.28 GPF and 0.9 GPF.
6. TOTO Drake II Two-Piece Toilet with Elongated Bowl
This high-profile two-piece toilet set from Toto has high efficiency, a functional structure, and double cyclone flushing action. It is reliable and durable, which translates into reduced maintenance costs and unmatched superior performance. It includes a tank cover, a polished chrome trip lever, and fittings. It consumes water at 1.28 GPF.
This toilet is ADA compliant and also includes CEFIONTECT technology. This smooth glaze over the toilet prevents foreign particles from adhering to the surface of the toilet, making it easier to clean. You can also adjust the height of this toilet, so you can choose the most comfortable position for you and your family. This is particularly great for families with small children or those that are disabled. You do have to purchase a few extra pieces for this toilet to work correctly, however, including the wax ring, toilet mounting bolts, water supply lines, and toilet seat. This will require you to spend a little bit of extra money.
- It has a holistic design for best performance, quality and functionality.
- This toilet has a dual flush.
- This is a powerful but very quiet flush toilet.
- It has a wide 2 ⅛-inch computer-designed trapway and saves 20% more water than 1.6 GPF toilets.
- It comes with a large water surface and Universal Height.
7. TOTO Aquia Dual Flush Elongated Two-Piece Toilet
Toto is a brand that brings all the essential functions under your budget. They have toilets that are affordable, stylish, and fully functional for your bathroom.
This is a WaterSense certified toilet that meets EPA criteria and is APA compliant, ensuring that you can use this toilet worry-free. This toilet has a Dual-Max flushing system that consumes less water, and it has a chrome push button.
It has an elongated skirt and comes with a height of 17.75 inches to the top of the seat. It has a close-coupled elongated bowl and tank set. It uses 1.6 GPF and 0.9 GPF.
8. TOTO Vespin II Two-Piece Toilet
This is a decorative two-piece toilet with an elongated bowl shape. It has a seat height of 17 3/4 inches, and the seat is included with easy installation. This ceramic design is highly comfortable and functional. Toto products are affordable and smart-looking, and they last for a long time.
This toilet has a chrome trip lever and a highly efficient double cyclone Tornado flushing system that uses only 1.28 GPF of water. The SanaGloss or CEFIONTECT finish on the toilet keeps the bowl clean for a long time.
It is WaterSense certified, and the power source is corded electric. It is also very eco-friendly.
What Makes TOTO Toilets Stand Out from Others
Toto toilets are renowned for their durability and innovative design. They often come in very visually appealing styles and look great in any bathroom. Their efficient design means that you use less water, while their powerful flush system gets the whole bowl clean. These toilets also aren’t as noisy as some other brands. Flushes are much quieter and refilling is basically silent.
These toilets have little-to-no leak issues, even when they come in two pieces. They require very little maintenance thanks to their (usually) one-piece designs that are easy to clean. The Toto company only focuses on toilets, so they’ve gotten really good at what they do over the years.
Before you think to buy a particular toilet, always make sure to choose according to your needs. Here is a buying guide for you before you hit the payment button.
Types of toilets: Various types of toilet systems are best for different places, depending on how large or small your bathroom is and your personal choices.
- The two-piece toilets are traditional models that have separate tanks and bowls. They are good for tight-place problem areas and are easy for DIY installations.
- The one-piece toilet styles eliminate the seam from bowl and tank. They look sleek and are sometimes more expensive.
- The round-front bowl toilets are better for smaller spaces.
- The elongated, pear-shaped bowls take up a few additional inches of space and work great if you like a spacious toilet style.
- The bowl height is also an important factor as the standard toilets are 14 or 15 inches above the floor, but some are 17 to 19 inches long, which are easier for seniors and people with limited mobility.
- The wall-mounted toilets are attached directly to the wall and will give you more usable floor space.
- The color choice options are gaining popularity as the toilets come in beige, airy blue, green or executive black colors. However, 90% of the toilets chosen and bought in the United States are white.
Flushing Power: There are various kinds of flush systems, and you can choose any of them according to your needs.
- Gravity-fed toilets rely on the natural force of gravity to force water from the toilet tank to the bowl. They create a siphon action and generally perform well in any condition.
- The modern dual flush toilets have two types of flushes: partial and full. New models use less than 1 gallon of water in a partial flush for liquids.
- Pressure-assisted toilets have sealed internal tanks where the air pressure builds up when filled with water. The force of the pressure creates a blast of water, which evacuates the waste from the bowl but with an additional loud noise.
- Power-assisted toilets hold 1.6 gallons per flush of water and use a small electric motor to create air pressure in a sealed tank. These toilets use a powerful flush system with a minimum amount of water — usually 1.28 GPF or less. They are water-efficient models.
Bidet Toilet System: This kind of toilet can be found mostly in North America, but they are essential in many parts of the world. They promote healthy hygiene, and nearly all Japanese households have a bidet toilet system.
Seating Styles to Choose: Comfort is important when you choose a toilet seat, so make sure to factor that into your toilet criteria for maximum comfort.
- Heated seats are a very comfortable option as they warm up the seat with very low voltage heating. They have a separate thermostat that controls the temperature and keeps the seat warm.
- Bidet-style seats have the facility of cleansing, and some of them even come with pre-heated water, dual jets (front and back), and an air drying system. Some of them have motion activated lights that help find it in the dark.
- Slamless lids are especially liked by women as they close gently, avoiding any loud crashing noise.
- Some toilets inhibit the growth of bacteria and fungi, and they also reduce the molds and odors.
- Take a look at quick-release hinges, which are helpful when you want to clean the toilet as they will let you remove the entire seat.
How Do You Remove a Toto Toilet?
- Disconnect the water supply from the toilet. You will find a flexible hose that is connected below the tank. Follow the hose to access the valve. Turn the handle on the supply valve to the right.
- Remove the lid from the tank. Turn the trigger at the top in an counterclockwise direction to unscrew the trigger at the top. This should be done before removing the lid.
- Flush the water by pressing down the handle. Continue holding the handle downward to ensure that the flapper is open. This will also help to drain the remaining water. Wipe the remaining water using a sponge.
- Loosen the bolts that connect the tank and the hose.
- You can now use a screwdriver to remove the caps at the bottom of the toilet.
How Do I Adjust the Water Level in My Toto Toilet?
- Disconnect the water supply from the toilet. Turn the water valve mounted below and behind the toilet tank in a clockwise direction to close the valve.
- Drain the water from the toilet by flushing.
- Look for the flush valve that is located within the toilet.
- Turn the top of this flush valve counterclockwise. You can turn it ½ to unlock the adjustment tube.
- You can now adjust the valve to adjust the level of water. If you want to raise the water level, you should lift the water valve upward. To lower the water level, you just need to push the flush valve downwards.
- Now you can return the water supply back and refill the tank. Flush the toilet to confirm that the adjusted water level is correct.
Does Toto Make a Comfort Height Toilet?
Yes, Toto is a well-known manufacturer of Comfort Height toilets. Most of them have a height between 19-21 inches.
According to our research and reading hundreds of customer reviews, Toto Eco Soiree is our top pick. Toto strives to create assurance about the quality of the product but does so within an affordable price range. They are trusted by people around the world, and they are always ready to contribute to the betterment of society.