Ever felt pain on your back and joints when using your toilet? Has any of your guests complained about your toilet being uncomfortable? The most likely cause for this is your toilet. While there might not be anything inherently wrong with it, you might have just purchased the wrong size.
Most people just look at aesthetics while buying a toilet and forget to see if it’s dimensions are comfortable for them. The height of your toilet is a major factor in deciding how comfortable it will be. If you ignore it while purchasing it might trouble you in the future.
A comfort height toilet is usually a toilet that is compliant with the American with Disabilities Act. An ADA-compliant height toilet or comfort height toilet has been designed to make the whole bathroom experience more comfortable for the user.
The seat is at the ideal height and the bowl’s width is just perfect, making your trips to the bathroom more comfortable. These toilets are also known as chair height toilets as they are around the same height as a typical chair.
If a standard-sized toilet does not suit you, a comfort height toilet might be the solution you didn’t know existed.
Who needs a comfort height toilet?
Comfort toilets are not for everyone, for a huge chunk of the population the standard toilet will be perfect. However, for the part of the population that finds these toilets uncomfortable, the comfort height toilet will be a boon. The right height toilet is best for tall people, disabled persons, and seniors.
Tall people – When you are tall, your knees tend to be bent at quite an angel each time you use the toilet. Having a comfort height toilet will ensure that the seat is at the ideal height for you and that you don’t strain your knees every time you use the toilet.
Elderly/Seniors – Many seniors suffer from knee pain. A standard sized toilet might aggravate this pain each time they use the toilet, they will also have a difficult time sitting down and getting back up. If they use a proper height toilet, their knees and legs won’t strain while using the toilet and they will also be able to get up and sit down without issue. Thus an ADA toilet will be perfect for seniors.
Disabled/Handicapped – Comfort height toilets might actually be critical for disabled and handicapped people. A standard toilet will not be able to meet their needs and will be uncomfortable to use. It is important that disabled/handicapped use an ADA-complaint comfort height toilet as it will make getting on and off the toilet much easier and make the overall bathroom experience more comfortable.
Best Comfort Height Toilets – Reviews 2020
|Editors Choice||Editors Choice||#1. Convenient Height Tall Toilet||Check Today’s Price|
|Runners-Up||Runners-Up||#2. Woodbridge T-0001||Check Today’s Price|
|Value for Money||Value for Money||#3. American Standard Cadet 3||Check Today’s Price|
|Value for Money||#4. Kohler K-3589-0 Cimarron||Check Today’s Price|
|Editors Choice||#5. Delta Faucet C01905-WH Haywood||Check Today’s Price|
|Budget Pick||#6. TOTO CST454CEFG#01 Drake II||Check Today’s Price|
|Budget Pick||#7. KOHLER K-3754-0 Kelston||Check Today’s Price|
Finding it hard to sit comfortably on your standard height toilet? Or do you have any tall member, senior citizens or a disabled person who wants more convenience while sitting on and standing up? In that case, Convenient Height Toilet is an incredible choice for you. This is the highest toilet height you will ever found for a toilet.
The elegant and white finish design complements every bathroom. The 20-inch comfortable toilet in comparison to the standard height toilet of 15 inches is perfect if you’re taller, disabled, or sick.
Similar to many ADA compliant, this right height toilet comes with an elongated bowl providing more room to sit.
Its powerful siphonic flushing gives you relief from the flushing issues. This toilet comprises of canister flush valve that ensures high water velocity for a powerful flush. Additionally, the large trapway has a high elevation, and the siphon force cleans the waste thoroughly leaving the bowl spotless.
You can flush according to your preferences as it has a dual flush system. It offers two options for flushing — 1.28 GPF for a full flush and 0.9 GPF for a partial flush which also makes it water efficient.
Apart from the sturdy construction, the toilet also features a long-lasting corrosion-resistant and plastic-made handle. With a 12-inch rough-in, the installation of this two-piece toilet becomes easier.
If you have a house whose interior has been designed flawlessly and every minute detail has been thought over and every product chosen after deep discussion, then this could be the toilet for you.
The Woodbridge T-0001 dual flush elongated one piece toilet would perfectly fit in any luxurious bathroom. Its design is unique and eye-catching. It is considered to be one of the best luxury toilets, it’s height is extremely comfortable and should feel like sitting on a chair. This makes sitting and standing fully effortless.
The whole set is just one piece, so you would not have to think about the water container swinging sideways. This luxurious toilet features a quiet but powerful siphon flushing system which gives this toilet the performance it requires.
The lid closes softly and slowly, this helps your hinges last long while reducing noise. Thus the lid and the flushing system make sure no one knows that you used the restroom.
The toilet’s bowl has a skirted design, so cleaning it should be very easy. The toilet actually has extensive certification and will run smoothly. Thus problems like leaks and clogs won’t bother you.
The only possible drawbacks of this toilet are that it is not designed to be used in small spaces and that you will mostly need a handyman to install it.
Thus, if you are looking to buy a top of the line comfortable toilet that is easy to use, luxurious to look at, powerful, quiet, and maintenance free, the Woodbridge T-0001 will be perfect for you.
3. American Standard Comfort Height Round Front
- Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
- Combination bowl and tank with seat
- Oversized 3 inches flush valve. Chrome-plated trip lever
This is a high-quality toilet whose comfort height will ensure that its users have a comfortable bathroom experience every time. The American Standard Cadet 3 toilet is also a great option for people looking to conserve water, it will only use 1.28 GPF.
With extra wide flushing valve, it can even flush 1000 grams of solid waste with single flush. This will ensure that all you need is a single flush each and every time.
The toilet also has an EverClean surface, this will prevent any mould, bacteria, and mildew from growing on it. This makes it a great choice for those who are hygiene conscious.
The toilet actually has a pressurized rim. Thus all the water will flow from the tank to the rim chamber, the rim chamber traps air and this will ensure that the chamber is always pressurized.
This pressure will make sure that each flush is powerful. It also has a large siphon trapway which will reduce the chances of your toilet getting clogged.
The Cadet 3 is one of the best comfort height toilets that not only looks classy but also effective in its performance. The only drawbacks are that it’s not very easy to install and that a replacement toilet seat is difficult to find.
4. Kohler K-3589-0 Comfort Height Toilet With Aquapiston Technology
- Two-piece toilet.
- Elongated bowl offers added room and comfort.
- Comfort height(R) feature offers chair-height seating that makes sitting down and standing up easier for most adults.
This toilet offers right height seating around 2 inches higher than any other toilet which makes sitting down and standing up very easy for elder people. Which also makes it a good toilet for small bathrooms. There is a left-hand trip lever which is at the right place as it is good for elder people. Kohler’s AquaPiston technology makes it best when it comes to cleaning the waste in the bowl as it releases water from 360 degrees. This 2 pieces stylish toilet with traditions decor comes with an elongated bowl offers extra room for comfort. If you looking for something with a more modern design then you should look at our top pick.
One of the most unique features is the gravity flush mode. Even though it consumed 1.6 gpf gallons of water per flush but it has a greater flushing effect than standard models due to this feature. It is made from vitreous china which makes it durable & easy to clean. It flushes the waste quietly.
This is one of the best Kohler toilets that is backed by a 1-year limited warranty from Kohler. You will only get a bowl and tank in this model. This doesn’t come with the seat, cover, and supply line.
5. Delta Faucet Haywood
- Wax ring, toilet seat, and bolt-to-floor mounting hardware not included
- Features powerful HydroWash Flush for a cleaner bowl
- Round bowl is suitable for small spaces
If you want a toilet that will perfectly fit with your bathroom style, you cannot go wrong with the Delta Faucet Haywood toilet.
This toilet is suitable to be used by seniors, handicapped, and disabled people as its seat height is ADA-complaint. This toilet is also one of the best comfort toilets for people wanting to conserve water as it has been certified by the Environmental Protection Agency’s WaterSense and uses just a mere 1.28 GPF.
The HydroWash flushing system used by the toilet makes the flushes powerful. It also features SplashGuard technology that keeps it cleaner for longer while making cleanups easier.
The toilet is quite durable, so it should last you a long time. The only issue with this toilet is that it does not include the toilet seat, the wax ring, and the gear required to mount it on the floor. This will increase the overall installation cost for the toilet , as well as the time for the parts to be found and purchased.
However, if you do not mind getting the missing parts, the Delta Faucet is an efficient toilet that has a powerful flush thanks to its HydroWash flushing system. SplashGuard technology also makes sure your cleaning worries are reduced.
6. TOTO Drake 2 Two-Piece Ada Toilet
- Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
- Double Cyclone Technology.does not come with a seat, it is just a bowl C454CUFG#01) and a tank (ST454E#01).
- Powerful, quiet flush every time
The TOTO Drake ii toilet is an ADA approved toilet which will be a welcome addition to your toilet. The toilet boasts a sleek design that will improve the aesthetics of your toilet. It is also an excellent option to conserve water as it only uses 1.6GPF.
The comfortable height of the toilet and its elongated shape makes it perfect for Seniors. As it is an ADA height toilet, it will also be suitable for handicapped and disabled users.
The toilet uses a G-Max flushing system along with 8 PSI water pressure, thus each flush is powerful. It also has a SoftClose seat, so you don’t have to worry about the toilet seat slamming and informing everyone in the house that you just used the restroom.
It has a vitreous China body, this makes it easy to clean while also giving it an elegant look. The toilet is also quite easy to install.
However, the toilet does have a few issues. You will mostly find attaching the toilet seat to be tricky and you won’t be able to place anything on the toilet tank lid due to its design.
Few users have also complained that the toilet leaks after a few months. Though it does have a few issues, the TOTO Drake toilet is a great budget option for anyone looking to buy an ADA compliant toilet.
7. Kohler Kelston Comfort Height Elongated Front
- Two-piece toilet.
- Elongated bowl offers added room and comfort.
- Comfort Height(R) feature offers chair-height seating that makes sitting down and standing up easier for most adults.
This product brings back the elegance to your bathroom and provides a convenient chair-like height to use comfortably. It has a great 1.6-gallon flush and durable versatile design. It is an excellent and smart choice for your small bath or powder room. We recommend Kohler Kelston for you as good tall toilets for elderly.
Some of the best features of this right height toilet are:
- It has a chair high sitting which makes sitting down and standing up easier for most adults and people with physical challenges.
- The standard left-hand trip lever is included in the model
- Single flush gravity technology
- Precision engineered trapway
- Durable canister design and light touch canister valve
The Dry-Lock system saves the time of installation and helps in preventing water. Detail guide in the manual will help in the installation process. Any mild gel-based cleanser or mild soapy water will work for cleaning. Use a soft cloth to wipe the surface. Kohler provides one-year limited time warranty on this toilet.
This is considered to be one of the Best Comfort Height Toilets as it is above 17″.
Things To Know About Comfort Height Toilets
If you live with your grandfather or grandmother possibly there are elderly then you need to install tall toilets. These models are taller than standard ones having a height of between 16-19 inches when measured to seat top. There are some guidelines for designing ADA-compliant height toilets as per the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. People who suffer from joint pain and have any kind of disability this is the right toilet system for them.
There are some things you should know about the comfort height toilets before going for the best model.
- Comfort height is considered when a toilet + bowl range is from 17 to 19 inches when measured from floor to seat excluding cover. If the height is the same then it is also called an ADA compliant toilet. If it is lower than 17 inches then its a standard residential toilet. And more than the range of 19 inches will become a non-standard.
- There are different toilet brands in the market and everybody has a different name of this type of mode like KOHLER calls it a comfort height toilet, American Standard calls it right height toilet, & TOTO’s named it as universal height.
- If you have a elder or senior person in the house or someone who has a hip replacement surgery and any other severe treatment then these comfort height toilets will benefit them while bending or sitting.
- The person who has a problem in bending the legs can use these types of models or even use detachable toilet risers which bring the height to 18 inches if you use a 2-inch riser on the 16-inch bowl.
- The little extra inches on these comfort height toilet can change life for people getting older. You can install these chair height toilets at the same costs as standard ones. If you get up from the chair easily then you can do the same on these models as well.
- People have a misconception about proper height toilet as they think that they won’t find them in many colors and styles or even water-conserving models. But the truth is they have become popular and you can buy from your favorite brands.
- No company makes a toilet with a 17-inch height with a bowl as there are is very less demand for them. Generally, you will find a model with 16-inch height till bowl and a 1-inch seat added makes it 17 inches ADA comfort height. Suppose if you need an 18-inch toilet than you need to buy raised seats or seat extender having 2 inches high. You can read more about toilet seat risers here. You can even place them on a standard model and make it convenient.
- The next thing is all the toilets are labeled as comfortable height” or “chair high to ADA guidelines this doesn’t mean that they are 17 inches high. Some models with “comfortable height” are measured 16.5”, less than ADA standard. As we mention in the above points these labels are given by the company, not by ADA. So make sure to ask the range from bottom to top from the seller or learn about it.
- The best thing you can do is When you read the label, check that whether or not the seat is included in the measurement. If they are not giving means it’s 16” and adding 1” to it will increase the height to 17” making it ADA compliant.
- For a handicapped, or elderly person the comfort height toilet must meet the standard of flush control set by ADA. The flushing control system must be pressed with force less than 5 lbs and it must be at a height no more than 44”. Toilets with lever flush valve are easy and use less than 5 lbs force as compared to the flush button system.
- As per another ADA standard for comfort height, you must learn where to place the toilet in the bathroom in relation to walls. Like if the wall is on the right side of the toilet in the bathroom the lever must be on left or vice versa. So that it is easy for people with disabilities to flush.
What is the ADA Approved Toilet?
Any toilet which has a height between 17 inches to 19 inches from floor to the bowl rim with the seat and is approved by ADA. Also to add rough-in from the wall which is 12”. The New toilet for seniors is being used as a convenient height which is around 16 1/8 inches from the floor to rim.
What is a Chair Height Toilet?
As the height is measured from floor to rim ( top of the seat) equals to height of the chair between 15″ to 19″. While comfort height toilets also refer to as Chair high measures 17 inches or more.
Should I get a comfort height toilet?
Yes, if you have a tall or elder person at home with knee problems or they face issues while sitting or getting up from the toilet then you need a toilet with comfort height.
What is the difference between chair height and comfort height toilets?
There is no difference between the height of chair or the comfort toilets. This is just a name given by different companies.
Who makes the tallest comfort height toilet?
A company named Convenient Height makes the tallest toilet of up to 20 inches high. It is loved by many people and gathering positive reviews due to its comfortable features since its launch.
What is the best tall toilet?
Convenient Height is the best flushing tall toilet. This toilet is 5″ inches taller than standard toilets and provides a comfortable sitting posture. It has all the features of a quality toilet like a soft close seat, dual flush system.
The Bottom Line:
When you are unable to increase the size of the bathroom or face challenges due to the physical problems you need to have a specific kind of toilet system which is an everyday need. While buying the tall toilet, keep in mind that other specifications and normal features are also important with the extra height of the toilet system.