If you have mobility problems, then you must be accustomed to facing difficulties while using regular toilets. It may be difficult to incline, bend low, or stand up straight after using the toilet. It is also possible to lose balance and injure yourself. There are better options and more efficient ways to solve this problem rather than raising the toilet seat, which is neither cost-efficient nor affordable in some cases.
You can find some accessories that come in a universal design and fit all toilets. You don’t need to modify the existing toilet seat, and you can remove the seat anytime if you don’t need it. There are also specially-built raised toilet seats for elderly and handicapped people to give them full support and convenience.
Reasons To Buy a Raised Toilet Seat:
- If you have trouble using regular toilet seat
- If you have joint pain or other mobility issues
- If getting down and rising up from a regular toilet seat is a problem
- If your bathroom has falling hazards
- If it is recommended by a professional or healthcare person for you or your family member
4 Best Handicap Toilet Seats
|Editor’s Choice||#1. Vive Seat with Arms||Check Today’s Price|
|Runner-Up||#2. Essential Medical Supply Seat||Check Today’s Price|
|Value for Money||#3. Vive Hinged||Check Today’s Price|
|Budget Pick||#4. Carex Seat with Handles||Check Today’s Price|
1. Vive Raised Toilet Seat with Arms – Top Pick
This durable toilet seat elevator system provides you with additional security and support. It is compact and lightweight, giving you an extra comfortable feeling. It supports handicapped or elderly people while sitting or standing in a safe and secure way. The safety rails do not interfere with the siting process. We recommend this seat for its hardy aluminum-built quality and lifetime use warranty. It is a perfect product for people in need of a great raised toilet seat.
- Safety sit and stand options
- Supports 300 pounds
- It has a compact and safe toilet safety rail
- Perfect for seniors, people who suffer from arthritis, and those who are recovering from an injury or surgery
- Fits all standard toilets, whether they are elongated, standard, or oval
- Handles can be adjusted from 17 to 20 inches wide, providing a comfortable amount of space above the toilet
- Soft, non-slip handles padded with soft rubber give you a comfortable and safe surface grip while standing or sitting
Installation Process: It has an easy and tool-free installation, and no drilling or cementing is required.
Parts and Supplies: Parts and supplies are available on the company website and can also be found at Amazon.com
Warranty Period: This seat comes with an unconditional lifetime guarantee for long-term use.
2. Essential Medical Supply Raised Toilet Seat with Arms – Runner-Up
This toilet seat helps you use the toilet with your original toilet seat. It is perfect for patients and handicapped people who cannot sit properly to use the toilet. It gives you support while sitting down or getting up.
- It has a padded option along with removable arms
- Can be installed under the toilet seat
- Arms make it easier to sit down or get up
- Available in standard and elongated sizes and includes all hardware
Installation Process: It is easy to install with the included long bolts and wing nuts.
Parts and Supplies: Parts are available through the website along with associated websites like Amazon.com.
Warranty Period: Warranty is per the brand source.
3. Vive Hinged Raised Toilet Seat – Best for the Money
Vive is a popular brand that produces comfortably-designed raised toilet seats for elderly or handicapped people. The designs are ergonomic, making sitting down and standing up easier for people with disabilities or mobility problems.
- Ergonomic design
- Lightweight and portable
- Fits on almost all standard toilets (16.5”), elongated toilets (18.5”), and round toilets
- Convenient to attach in any standard toilet bowl
- No tools required while assembling the seat
- Fits ADA compliant toilets 17-19 inches in height
- Durable heavy-duty plastic
- Easy to clean
Installation Process: It is easy to install and store, and it is great to carry while traveling. A lock tight latch securely installs handles for added support and confidence. This seat has an easy setup without the requirement of any tools due to the adjustable knob latches.
Caring Tips: A simple wipe with a standard bathroom cleaner is all that is needed to clean this seat.
Parts and Supplies: Parts and supplies are available in the website of Vive and other associated websites like Amazon.com.
Warranty Period: It has a lifetime warranty.
4. Carex Raised Toilet Seat with Handles – Budget Pick
The Carex Toilet seat assists handicapped and elderly people or those who have difficulty bending or sitting. The smoothly contoured seat and easy-to-use locking system as well as the great built-in hand grips are some of the great features of this toilet seat.
- It adds 3.5 inches of height to the toilet seat
- The handles are situated underneath the toilet seat for a less clinical look
- Sturdy handles provide extra support
- Great for elderly people and patients
Installation Process: It is easy to install for anyone with the guidelines.
Cleaning Tips: This seat is easy to clean and wipe off with mild soapy water.
Parts and Supplies: Parts can be found on associated websites like Amazon.com.
Warranty Period: Warranty is per the brand source.
Raised toilet seats are chosen and designed with the purpose of helping people who have limited mobility issues and need a safer way to use the toilet. It decreases the distance from a standing position to their toilet. It can be fitted to most toilet seats with proper and correct installation. This is one of the most convenient options to make using the bathroom easier, providing assistance when getting on and off the toilet seat for anyone who needs it.
More related toilets are: