If you have mobility problems, then you must be accustomed to the difficulties that you face while using regular toilets. It may be difficult to incline or bend too low or to get up straight after using the toilet. It is also possible to lose balance and injure yourself. There are better options and efficient ways to solve this problem rather than raising the toilet seat which is neither cost-efficient nor affordable.
You can find some accessories which come in universal design and fits all toilets. You don’t need to modify the existing toilet seat and you can remove the seat anytime if you don’t need it. There are also specially built Raised toilet seat for elderly and handicap people give them full support and convenience.
Reasons to buy a Raised toilet seat:
- If you have trouble to use
- A regular toilet seat
- If you have joint pain or other mobility issues
- If getting down and raising up from the regular toilet seat is a problem
- If your bathroom has a falling hazard issue
- If it is recommended by a professional or healthcare person for you or your family member
Look at our Favourite Picks
4 Best Handicap Toilet Seats
1. Vive Hinged Raised Toilet Seat – Top Pick
The Vive is a popular brand who produces comfortable designed to the raised toilet seat for the elderly or handicapped people. The designs are ergonomic, making it easy to sit down and stand up for the people with disability or mobility problem.
- Ergonomic design
- Lightweight and portable
- Fits on almost all standard toilets (16.5”) and elongated toilets (18.5”) and round toilet
- Convenient to attach in any standard toilet bowl
- No tools required while assembling the seat
- Fit for ADA compliant toilets 17-19 inches in height
- Durable heavy-duty plastic
- Easy to clean
Installation process: It is easy to install, store and great to carry while traveling. Lock tight latch securely installs handles for added support and confidence. Easy setup without the requirement of any tools as it has adjustable knob latches.
Caring tips: A simple wipe with a standard bathroom cleaner.
Parts and Supplies: Parts and supplies are available in the website of Vive and other associated websites likeAmazon.com
Warranty Period: It has a lifetime warranty
2. Carex Raised Toilet Seat with Handles
Carex Toilet seat assists the handicap people and elderly persons or who have difficulty with bending or sitting. The smoothly contoured seat and easy to use locking system and also the great built-in hand grips are some of the great features of this toilet seat.
- It adds 3.5” of height to the toilet seat
- The handles are provided underneath the toilet seat for a less clinical look
- Sturdy handles provide extra support
- Great for elderly people and patients
Installation Process: Easy to install for anyone with the guideline
Cleaning Tips: Easy to clean and wipe off with mild soap water
Parts and Supplies: Can be found in associated websites like Amazon.com
Warranty Period: As per the brand source
3. Essential Medical Supply Raised Toilet Seat with Arms
This toilet seat helps the users to use with the original toilet seat and is perfect for the patients and handicapped people who cannot sit properly and use the toilet. It gives support while sitting down or getting up.
- It has a padded option along with removable arms
- Can be installed under the toilet seat
- Arms make it easier to sit down or get up
- Available in standard and elongated sizes and include all hardware
Installation Process: It is easy to install via included long bolts and wing nuts
Parts and Supplies: Parts are available through the website along with associated websites like Amazon.com
Warranty Period: As per the brand source
4. Vive Raised Toilet Seat with Arms
This toilet system provides additional security and support. It is compact and lightweight for an extra comfortable feeling. It supports handicapped or elderly people while sitting or standing in a safe and secure way. The safety rails do not interfere with the siting process. We recommend this for its hardy aluminium built quality, perfect product to use for the people in need, and lifetime use warranty.
- Safety sit and stand options
- Supports 300 pounds
- It has a compact and safe toilet safety rail
- Perfect for seniors, arthritis sufferers and for those who are recovering from injuries and surgery
- Fits all standard toilets, whether elongated, standard or oval
- Handles can be adjusted from 17” to 20” wide providing a comfortable amount of space above the toilet
- Soft, non-slip handles, padded with soft rubber to create a comfortable and safe surface grip while standing or sitting
Installation Process: It has easy and tool-free installation as no drilling or cementing is required.
Parts and Supplies: parts and supplies are available on the company website and can also be found at Amazon.com
Warranty Period: Unconditional lifetime guarantee for long-term use
Raised toilet seats are chosen and designed with the purpose of helping people who have limited mobility issues and need a safer way to use the toilet. It decreases the distance from a standing position to their toilet. It can be fitted to most toilet seats with a proper and correct installation. This is one of the most convenient options, providing assistance when getting on and off the toilet seat for anyone who needs it.
More related toilets are: