The ancient flush toilet connected with sewer system or septic tank is a bygone saga. Most of the people are used to the toilets with the flush mechanism as the common way of disposing of the waste, but the areas which have small rooms or no option to use septic tanks have another spectacular option to use – Composting Toilet System.
It can be a bit tricky to understand how the waterless sewage system can be easily used but it’s more exciting to know that with its energy-saving features, it is completely odorless too. This alternative sewage system mechanism uses very less or no energy at all. There are various types of composting toilet available with great features, you just need to understand the process of this composting system along with your own requirement. Among the various brands present in the market, we have jotted down only five to give a clear view while it comes to choose a compost toilet. But before buying one, you should be aware of some of the choices, which you might consider according to your own necessity:
- Cost of a good composting toilet according to your budget
- It should not stink inside or outside
- It should have a urine-diverting system
- Solid waste disposing system
- Vent system and if it supplied with the toilet
- The time between clearing the waste
- If the brand has good customer service option
- Best Composting Toilet Reviews 2018: Waterless Throne Comparisons and Smell Ratings
Best Composting Toilet Reviews 2018: Waterless Throne Comparisons and Smell Ratings
1. Separett Villa 9210 Compost Toilet:
This is one of the most recommended among other five because of it’s medium price tag and lots of important features. It’s a popular design in Europe and currently gaining more approval state wise. It is towards the higher price range but innovative design and low maintenance will surely be worth the money by the buyers.
Some of the advantages of Separett Villa are:
- It is an advanced urine-diverting toilet system
- The urine is simply piped outdoor
- The interior of the toilet has a weight activated trap door that hides the waste from view
- The airtight trap door swings open and shuts automatically when someone sits and stands up
- The composting process takes place in a removable bin attached with a compostable bag
- Lightweight and well-built in quality
- The weight is 45 lbs. and it’s portable as well as transportable, ideal for cabin use and camping too
- It needs AC standard electric power
- It comes with two-speed fans for ventilation
Water conservation facts: It has the waterless system which is convenient for remote homes
Service parts availability: All the parts are available on the company website, amazon.com and associated websites.
Installation of products: It is easy to install because of its Sleek design and small size
Cleaning tips: The removable containers and set up makes it end-product very easy to clean and empty. Also, you can use disposable cleaning bags which is available on the brand website and amazon.com
Warranty Info: Five years warranty for any manufacturing defect
2. Nature’s Head Dry Composting Toilet with Standard Crank Handle:
This unit is a popular product because of its quality material manufacturing as well as portable and convenient to use. Nature’s head compost toilet is sold over 10,000 pieces and largely appreciated by the happy customers. It is a natural, safe, eco-friendly and easy to use the product for your home, cabin, workshop and more.
Some basic features of Nature’s head dry composting toilet are:
- This is a user-friendly toilet system with hand cracker agitator which helps in fast composting.
- This system has the most innovative design for personal sanitation
- This is a self-contained design with the urine-diverting system.
- The material is hard stainless steel with strong construction
- It is a value for money product and has odorless feature.
- Modeled in toilet seat for easy cleaning
- Disassembles easily without any hassle
- Unit comes with every important thing except the external vent
- The brand provides exceptional customer service along with quality products.
Water conservation facts: It requires no water to operate
Service parts availability: Service parts are available through the website and customer care service
Installation of Product: Return is available if the product is unused and purchased from an authorized distributor.
Cleaning Tips: the Quick spray of water with white vinegar or a natural cleaner between each use is recommended. The moistened paper towel can be used for subtle interior and exterior cleaning.
Warranty Info: It is proudly made in the USA and has 5 years warranty
Return policy: According to the company, the product can be returned within 60 days from the purchase date and if it has been never been installed.
- No one - and I mean no one - will beat my customer service and individual support
- Easy to install by any reasonably handy person.
- Absolutely No Odor. No Maintenance. 5 Year Warranty.
- Huge Capacity. 2 people using full time will empty every 4-6 weeks. Easy empty in 5 minutes.
- A vast improvement over older composting toilet designs. This one works!
3. Nature’s Head Self Contained Composting Toilet with Close Quarters Spider Handle Design:
This is a full-sized value for money toilet system which is reliable to use anywhere and in any environmental condition.
The best features of this value for money compost toilet system are:
- The main feature of this products is the comfortable full-size elongated seat.
- It is made with stainless-steel hardware and can be easily disassembled when needed.
- The fan and the vent hole comes with the system. It is odorless and easy to install the system.
- It is 28 pounds in weight and uses 12 volts.
- It is a portable composting system, self-contained and comes with the urine-separating dry toilet.
- The recycling of air in the bathroom helps to create the odorless environment.
- It can withstand any harsh marine habitat especially if electricity is not available or plumbing is difficult to process.
- The most user-friendly system than anything in the market has a craggy design and durable in any kind of unfavorable environment.
Water conservation facts: It does not require any water, as a result, it is excellent for extended camping, RV stay, sailboat and outdoor use including an indoor facility
Service parts availability: Contact the company to request for service parts, some are also available at amazon.com
Installation of products: The installation method is floor mounted and it comes with no battery.
Cleaning tips: Clean with natural water and white vinegar or a natural cleaner between each use. A moistened paper towel can be used for subtle interior and exterior cleaning.
Warranty Info: This product comes with 5 years warranty policy
Return Policy: The product can be returned to the company, authorized store or distributor within 60 days of the date of purchase.
- Proudly made in the USA
- All stainless hardware
- Full size elongated seat for comfort
- Disassembles in seconds for emptying
- Vent hose and fan included
4. Sun-Mar Compact Self-Contained Composting Toilet:
It is a low profile toilet system with a high price tag, which looks great and has new variable diameter Bio-Drum added to it.
The main features if this model is as follows:
- This low profile unit uses no water and it is 100% polluting free.
- It is super comfortable and complements any bathroom quite easily.
- It uses standard household current and is odorless.
- It converts human waste to safe fertilizing soil with its self-composting system.
- This is for single person use and comes with medium capacity.
- It also has variable diameter bio-drum with recessed handle for processing compost.
- It is a self-contained toilet with detachable footrest and pest-proof facility.
- It has emergency drain system and comes with venting kit.
Water conservation facts: No water or sewer connection required
Service parts availability: Service parts are available through the company website and registered associate companies.
Installation of products: Few pieces are used in Sun-Mar compost toilet therefore, it can be assembled in an easy manner and in any harsh weather
Cleaning tips: Easy cleaning procedure with no extra hassle
Warranty Info: The company gives 5 years full warranty on the product.
Return Policy: The product can be returned or refunded in unused condition.
- Low profile unit complements any bathroom
- Uses no water
- 100% non-polluting
- Includes variable diameter bio-drum with recessed handle for processing compost
- Runs on standard household current
While buying a compost toilet, you need to see the user-friendly nature and easy maintenance along with the quality of the product, next come to your budget criteria. This detailed guidance will help you to go and grab the best compost toilet for your need. This is an important decision to make because this ecological friendly waste management system is reusable can save energy.